WebCake Browser Addon
WebCake is a browser plugin that shows ads in various formats such as banners, floating ads, ads inserted into results from search engines, textual link ads with mouse-over pop-ups and sidebar ads     .
WebCake runs on the Mac and Windows operating system and supports Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome and RockMelt browsers.
WebCake is bundled with software downloaded from Download.com, such as FullPlayer. 
WebCakeSetup.exe was detected by 11 of the 47 anti-virus scanners. The detection names were: "Yontoo" (VIPRE), "UnclassifiedMalware" (Comodo), "probably a variant of Win32/Adware.Yontoo.B" (ESET-NOD32), "Adware/Yontoo.A" (Fortinet), "AdWare/Win32.Yontoo.gen" (Antiy-AVL), "Adware/WebCake.A" (AntiVir), "AdWare.Yontoo" (Ikarus), "Adware.WebCake" (SUPERAntiSpyware), "Adware.Plugin.11" (DrWeb), "ADW_CAKEBEW" (TrendMicro-HouseCall) and "ADW_CAKEBEW" (TrendMicro) .
The WebCake company can be contacted with the following email address: customersupport AT getwebcake DOT com or by mail at the following address: WebCake c/o Support, 701 Palomar Airport Rd. Suite 300 Carlsbad, CA 92011.
- c:\Program Files\WebCake\WebCakeIEClient.dll
- c:\Program Files\WebCake\OptChrome.exe
- ↑ WebCake ad on Amazon.com; WebCake ad on Amazon.com; en.wiki.freefixer.com. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- ↑ WebCake ad inserted into Google search results; WebCake ad inserted into Google search results; en.wiki.freefixer.com. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- ↑ License agreement for WebCake; WebCake license agreement; en.wiki.freefixer.com. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- ↑ VirusTotal scan results; VirusTotal scan results; en.wiki.freefixer.com. Retrieved July 16, 2013.